Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Finding a new home

Currently I am in a search for a new living situation. For me it doesn't matter to me where I live. I mean where I physically live, because I have lived in a lot of different places. I have lived in a tent, a studio apartment, a 40 person co op, a historic house, a house in a gated community, and everything in between.

I am not searching just for a house or an apartment, but I am searching for a home, for a community that tests me while loving me.

Please notice that I didn't title this blog entry as finding a new house. This is really easy to do nowadays, thanks to the wondrous website called Craigslist.

I went to a Quaker college and I had a close community for four years. For two of those years I lived in campus houses with groups of friends that helped me to grow in so many ways. I am still very grateful to all those housemates.

Since graduating from college last May, I have searched for that sense of community in the places that I have lived and in the jobs I looked for. In the past year I have lived in my parents' basement, a two bedroom house, a 40 person co op, and currently in the basement of a hostel. I have enjoyed all of these situations, but I am wary about my next living situation, because I am tired of moving now. I hope that I can find a place to live happily for the next year.

No comments: